Am I the only one who can’t believe it’s almost May already? Anyway, here are some links to the like-minded…
- review: penbbs 309 (via winter sharks)
- I haven’t wanted a pen in a long time, but I want one of these.
- Pen Review: The TWSBI Diamond Mini (AL Gold Model) (via The Gentleman Stationer)
- The TWSBI Diamond Mini is one of the best deals in fountain pendom.
- Jinhao 992 (reprise) (via goodwriterspens)
- goodwriterspens posted a long-term update to her Jinhao 992 review.
- The Muji Fountain Pen (via The Pen Boffin)
- Someone send me one of these to review.
- Quick Look: Lamy Safari All Black & Al-Star Vibrant Pink Special Editions! (via The Pencilcase Blog)
- Meh. (To the pens, not the post, which has pretty pictures of meh pens.)
- Pure Pens Llanberis Slate
- Pure Pens Saltire (via 7heDaniel)
- A couple of reviews of some inexpensive ink.
Here are some links to the like-minded…
- Nothing wrong there is, in being small and green: The Pilot 78G
- Is there Anything New to Say About the Pilot Metropolitan? (via Writing for Pain and Pleasure)
- Could these two be considered titans of the economical pen world?
- The Moonman M2 (via The Indian Marmalade Company)
- I’ve been seeing this pen all over the pen blogosphere lately.
- Italix Deacon’s Doodle fountain pen review (via United Inkdom)
- A meta-review of the Italix Deacon’s Doodle, a pen with an odd name but a sweet price.
- The Parker Urban (via The Pen Boffin)
- Dangerous Pencils and Fountain Pens (via bleistift)
- We discussed airplane friendly fountain pens earlier this week, but memm brings us a story about a fountain pen being used in a rather unfriendly way.
I’m so far behind on my pen-related reading that I don’t have anything to link to today. Instead, I’m flipping the script: What’s got you the most excited right now? Pen-related or no.
I’ll go first: I’m slightly obsessed with a game I picked up on a whim the other day. It’s called Dropmix, and it is awesome. I wouldn’t (and didn’t) pay MSRP, but if you find it on sale for around $55 it’s worth trying for the chance to make some sick mashups.
I’m also looking forward to my annual Spring tradition of riding a motorbike to the coast just so I can eat a delicious crab at my favorite junky-looking crab shack.
On the pen front, I’m excited about inking up my Caran D’ache 849 and writing a proper review of it.
I haven’t been feeling well the past few days, so I’m behind in both my reading and my writing. Most of Europe turned into an icebox this week — snow fell in Rome! — and over two feet (61cm) of the white stuff fell in this part of Bulgaria.
Fortunately, the Bulgarians administer rakia (aka homemade rocket fuel) as a cure-all and a restorative, so I’ve been staying very warm indeed!
Anyway, here are some links to the like-minded…
- KACO SKY II FOUNTAIN PEN REVIEW (via Frank Underwater)
- Makrolon and a black Schmidt nib for $11.
- Faber-Castell WritINK Fountain Pen Review (via Gourmet Pens)
- Faber-Castell nibs are highly regarded, so this might be an inexpensive way to get your mitts on one.
- Maruman 3Feet Notepad – A7 (via The Passionate Penman)
- A cute little notepad with fountain pen-friendly paper.
- A warning about pens in ultrasonic cleaners (via David Nishimura at Vintage Pen News)
- Something to be aware of if you use an ultrasonic cleaner to clean your pens and pen parts.
- Kokuyo Harinacs Stapleless Staplers (via Bleistift)
- Cool and clever. I want one.
Here are some links to the like-minded:
- Pilot Petits: Mini but Mighty (via Fountain Pen Follies)
- I found one of these in my Christmas stocking but haven’t had a chance to try it yet.
- PenBBS – a review of a beautiful and inexpensive acrylic fountain pen (via Write eXperience)
- I’m seeing more Chinese pens enter the market in the $30 price range — could this be a sign of an upwards price correction, or are these just “premium” offerings?
- My Old Faithful! Diamine Majestic Blue (via Fountain PenArchy)
- READ THE TASTING NOTES. (Also: pics or it didn’t happen!)
- Ink Price Evolution (Japan 2005-2018) (via Crónicas Estilográficas)
- This makes me glad I never got into Sailor inks.