As Economical Penster HQ sat squarely in the path of totality for today’s solar eclipse, this post is later than usual. It also has more photos than usual. These were all taken at the Portland pen gathering this past Saturday.
A quiet week on the economical stationery front, but here are a few interesting links:
- Fountain Pen Review: Muji Fountain Pen (via The Well-Appointed Desk)
- Another nice, inexpensive Japanese store brand pen.
- Prospective Look at the 2017 San Francisco International Pen Show (via Hand Over That Pen)
- If you’re going to the SF Pen Show, I’m Diamine Kelly Green with envy.
- DNA of long-dead cows read from pages of Medieval books (via The Cramped)
- The researchers obtained the DNA from waste eraser rubbings. What could scientists learn from your eraser rubbings?
Some links to the like-minded:
- Fountain Pen Review: Sheaffer VFM (via The Well-Appointed Desk)
- Alas, modern Sheaffer.
- Review: Pelikan Twist Fountain Pen (via Gourmet Pens)
- This might be the only Pelikan I’d spend money on.
- Dryden Design Classic Fountain Pen (via Best Fountain Pen)
- Never heard of this brand — until now.
- Kaweco Ice Sport Fountain Pen Review (via The Pen Addict)
- Will this be the year I finally buy a Kaweco?
- Elysee Fountain Pen (via 7hedaniel)
- Vintage value pens. I wonder if these ever made it across the pond.
- Zycc Navy Blue (via Wondernaut)
- An ink that performs decently and costs $1.50 for 15ml, shipped? Now you have my attention.