Some links to the like-minded:
- Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Brown | Ink Review (via Pen Habit)
- A reasonably-priced ink tested in reasonably-priced pens.
- A Broken Pen and The Reform 1745 (via goodwriterspens)
- A cautionary tale about sending pens in the post.
- A quick look at the Manuscript Clarity fountain pen (via rupertarzeian.com)
- Another demonstrator I’m going to have to buy.
- Introducing Goulet Note Cards (via Goulet Pens Blog)
- 10 fountain pen friendly note cards for $3? Yes, please.
- Kyokuto Nordic Color Animal W Ring Notebook Review (via Pen Addict)
- Such kawaii. Nice paper. Wow.
- Get a Custom Porsche 911 That Comes with a Resort Stay and Fountain Pen (via Gear Patrol)
- And now here’s the opposite of an economical pen: a Conid that costs $600,000. (Dear Conid, please provide me with one of these for free so I can post an unbiased review.)
A quiet week on the economical stationery front, but here are a few interesting links:
- Fountain Pen Review: Muji Fountain Pen (via The Well-Appointed Desk)
- Another nice, inexpensive Japanese store brand pen.
- Prospective Look at the 2017 San Francisco International Pen Show (via Hand Over That Pen)
- If you’re going to the SF Pen Show, I’m Diamine Kelly Green with envy.
- DNA of long-dead cows read from pages of Medieval books (via The Cramped)
- The researchers obtained the DNA from waste eraser rubbings. What could scientists learn from your eraser rubbings?
Some links to the like-minded:
- Fountain Pen Review: Sheaffer VFM (via The Well-Appointed Desk)
- Alas, modern Sheaffer.
- Review: Pelikan Twist Fountain Pen (via Gourmet Pens)
- This might be the only Pelikan I’d spend money on.
- Dryden Design Classic Fountain Pen (via Best Fountain Pen)
- Never heard of this brand — until now.
- Kaweco Ice Sport Fountain Pen Review (via The Pen Addict)
- Will this be the year I finally buy a Kaweco?
- Elysee Fountain Pen (via 7hedaniel)
- Vintage value pens. I wonder if these ever made it across the pond.
- Zycc Navy Blue (via Wondernaut)
- An ink that performs decently and costs $1.50 for 15ml, shipped? Now you have my attention.
So I guess Herbin has a new ink coming out? Perhaps you’ve heard of it.
Anyway. Here are some links to the like-minded:
- Kaweco Perkeo Fountain Pen Review (via The Pencilcase Blog)
- Fountain Pen Review: Kaweco Perkeos (via The Well-Appointed Desk)
- A couple reviews of Kaweco’s new entry-level pen. I might have to pick one of these up for science.
- Pen Review: Faber-Castell Loom fountain pen (via Nibspotter)
- That new gunmetal grey colorway is tempting me.
- If You’ve Ever Wanted To Try A Pilot Kaküno (via Inkophile)
- Ten bucks will get you a Pilot Kaküno and a smiley-face nib.
- At The Beginning, Is It Better To Have A Variety of Inks or Pens? (via Goulet Pens)
- I don’t always agree with the advice offered on the Goulet Blog but I do agree with this post.
- The extraction of lever-filler pressure bars (via David Nishimura)
- I’ve been fixing up a few lever filler pens and this post on extracting pressure bars appeared at just the right time.
I’m off to ride my motorbike into the wilderness for a weekend of camping, but before I go, here are some links to the like-minded:
- Suspicious Sellers (via Bleistift)
- If a price seems too good to be true, it probably is. I like cheap pens, but even I know better than to think I can score a Pelikan M800 for 8 quid. Don’t fall for these scams.
- Platignum Again (via Goodwriterspens)
- Even economical pens can survive to become vintage.
- The size of ink bottles (via The Ink Smudge)
- THIS. (aka “Why my ink collection is mostly made up of samples.”)
- Back-to-School Sale Composition Book Round Up Part 2 (via Comfortable Shoes Studio)
- Who knew there were so many brands of composition notebooks?